On to the tutorial...
- Foam sponges (at least 3)
- Earring hooks (These are kidney shaped)
- Acrylic Paint -- Enamel is great, but any acrylic will work Also if doing them all one color you can use spray paint too!
- Black Acrylic Paint
- A Mixing Glaze (I had the Valspar glaze ($15) on hand from furniture refinishes, but you can also find smaller versions at local craft stores)
- Polyacrylic to seal <Not pictured>
Step 1: Paint acrylic paint over charm
Step 3: Let paint dry, if using enamel paint they looked great at this stage and really if you are using enamel paint you could leave them like this.
Step 4: Mix equal parts of black acrylic paint and mixing glaze
Step 5: Using a foam brush glaze mix over charms
Step 6: Using a damp paper towel carefully wipe off, wiping gently to not remove all of the black, wipe off glaze that may have puddled on back.
Step 7: Let the glaze dry, grab your sealer or polycrylic
Step 7: Brush polyacrylic over the tops
Step 8: Let dry and put them on the earring hooks
Now for the step by step pictures of our 15 pairs, we made in an hour!
The pictures below are pictures of the charms glazed and unglazed!
All done and ready to be given!
Again more modeling pictures!
Not glazed (Butterflies)
I love them all!! Do you have a favorite? They were so inexpensive, they are light weight, original and beautiful!! Thanks again to my beautiful sister in law for letting me take her picture with every color!
Thanks for visiting!!
A HUGE Thank you to Kari at UCreate for featuring!!