Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Girl's Rosette Earrings

So today I have to start by saying how amazed and grateful I am that my little blog now has reached 66 followers!  I am humbled and happy to have you here visiting with me!!  Thank you for your kind comments and new friendships!! 

Today I have a new earring idea for you!  These are cute, so simple and inexpensive!  They would be perfect for last minute stocking stuffers or gifts for girls!  Aren't they cute!!  Thank you to my awesome nieces for modeling them for me. 




Your Supplies:
Acrylic Paint
Glaze with black paint or Martha Stewart Metallic Glaze (black coffee color)
Painting Sponges
Earring Hooks
Extra wires for dipping

Metal covered plastic beads (I bought these at Hobby Lobby for 50% off  for $1 but regular price they are $1.99 for 9)


To make the pink glazed earrings I just followed the step by step using the Martha Stewart glaze instead of the black/glaze mix and this tutorial.


To make the turquoise earrings I first dipped straight into the paint tube.


Shake the excess paint off and let them dry.   If I were to do this again, I would have taped off the top loop to show the metal instead of blue.


Once they were dry I scraped the edges and top loop with a razorblade.

And... tada...


Or you can just put the charms on a hook -- no work required!


Now for the glamour shots!





No metal showing.

and finally Slightly distressed.

Thank you again to my beautiful nieces for modeling for me, aren't they gorgeous! 
Darling, simple to make, and great on the pocket book!!

Will you try these?  What do you think?


Linking to:  Sew Much Ado

1 comment:

Thank you for your comments!!! Your comments are the absolute best part of blogging!