Thursday, April 19, 2012

Romantic Girl's Dresser


I finally finished my daughters dresser today!  I found her on my local classifieds for an easy $20. 
I had looked for months for the perfect dresser for her room and was looking at a new one--crazy I know, but I was desperate.  Until 9:00 one night I was browsing the classifieds when  I saw an ad for a $20 dresser.  I immediately sent a text the seller to make sure I read the price right.  She said that it was not a mistake.  I immediately called her and set up an appointment for next day and I could not have been happier with my final purchase.  Sometimes you just have to be patient...

Well, she was in great shape, with cute lines and gorgeous feet.  But just not what I wanted for my little princess.  Here is her before picture:


I cleaned, and sanded her then applied several coats of Rustoleum Heirloom White spray paint, sanding between coats.  Then debated what finish to apply to the drawers.  Last week I made these bars and used a cellophane bag to wrap up my treats as gifts.  I was admiring the pattern on the bag when I realized it was just what I was looking for.  I slapped it down on my $5 projector (a thrift store find) and it looked perfect.  How's that for an easy transfer!
If you don't have a projector you can always check one out from your local library.



I used the projector to place the image on the drawer, and traced the image onto my drawers and then moved the drawer to finish off the pattern.


Next I took my fine point paint brush and a bottle of acrylic paint and filled in my pencil marks.  Moving from top to bottom to avoid touching any wet paint.  This was a slow process, but well worth it!


I let the drawers dry, and cleaned off any extra pencil marks, sanded, and distressed some of the edges.  Then applied 3 coats of Polycrylic. 

Installed her knobs, and she was finally finished!! Hallelujah!

Now for some beauty shots:







  Do you like her?  I do and most importantly my three year old princess does too! She told me I was the best mommy ever!  Gotta love that -- especially since her dresser is not her favorite color-pink.  And everything she loves is PINK!

Thanks for the visit!

A Huge Thank You to Lindsey at Better After for Featuring!


Linking to:
 

11 comments:

  1. Oh that is sooo pretty! I totally admire your patience for painting all those drawers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow!! I love the dresser! I would love for you to share it at my party next Tuesday on Jillify It!

    Jill
    www.jillifyit.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! this is really impressive. You did a great job--it looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very sweet and can tell lots of fine detail, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how your dresser came out. Have you ever tried Permapaque paint markers? They come in all colors & work really well on a project like that. I have one in that same pretty blue color. It makes painting a project like that alot faster & you get the same look. You'd have to use wax to finish though as the poly makes it smear. Works for me, Dee from My Painted Stuff

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear god that's a lot of hard work. I think I'll modge podge or wallpaper when I by around to doing my little girls. Its beautiful, great job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Super creative idea using the projector!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks beautiful...but my! So much work! I wonder if a vinyl design from a cricut machine would work?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely job. She will use it for years (some girls outgrow pink, lol.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow that was really clever using your projector. It looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi- Just wanted you to know I featured your beautiful dresser on my blog today-Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!!! Your comments are the absolute best part of blogging!