Monday, June 4, 2012

Marinated 7-Up Chicken

This recipe comes from one of my first encounters with marinated Chicken Breast.  My Mom is a fabulous cook but she never used a grill.  My Aunt and Uncle were the first to introduce us to the fabulous world of marinated-grilled meats and it has been a staple in my life ever since. This recipe is one of my go-to dinners all summer long. Serve with rice or summer salads! Okay so here we are 7-Up Chicken
The ingredients:

  • 3 lbs Chicken -- any kind of cut, breasts are really great this way!
  • 2 c. 7-Up (or Coke, yes the recipe is called 7-Up chicken, I just prefer the color a coke brings to the meat and Coke Chicken doesn't sound as good, but I digress!)
  • 1/2 c. Soy Sauce
  • 1/3 c. Brown Sugar
  • 1 T. horseradish
  • Garlic Salt to taste
You can pound your chicken breast flat here or just clean it up and put it straight into a large ziploc bag.
Da da da!  --That's just chicken in a bag you say? Ummm ya, so...

Mix all remaining ingredients, to look like this:

Pour over bagged chicken:


Marinate 6 hours to overnight.  Overnight is best.  You can also freeze it this way, for a later meal.  If you freeze it just thaw completely in the refridgerator before grilling.

Next remove chicken from bag, and dispose of marinade.  Place chicken breasts on hot grill.  Grill for 7 minutes, turn, and grill for an additional 5 to 7 minutes.  Remove from grill, allow to stand at least 5 minutes before slicing or eating.



Delicious, Simple, Tender, Flavorful.  One of my all time favorite ways to eat chicken breast!
Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. This looks so yummy! I am going to try it this week. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments!!! Your comments are the absolute best part of blogging!