- I omit the fennel--I am not a big fan plus most Italian sausage already has plenty, why add more?
- Splurge on a good Sausage--mine was still only $2.99/lb at Harmon's, a local grocer who makes over 20 different kinds of sausage
- Try a Hot Italian sausage for a little SPICE and HEAT
- Doubling the sauce recipe makes 3 generous Lasagnas-- I made four out of this but ran out before I could completely make the 4th Lasagna(ours) but lucky for me nobody noticed
- I substitute Sour cream for the Ricotta Cheese + Egg mixture. I hate the texture of Ricotta, you can also substitute with Cottage Cheese but I like the creaminess and slightly tangy flavor of sour cream. This is a secret from my Aunt Becky, who always made mouth watering Lasagnas.
- If you are not using fresh mozzarella cheese--Costco has the best price for pre-shredded mozzarella cheese, Sams Club is less expensive for Parmesan Cheese.
- This Lasagna can be made in advance, make a day ahead and store in the fridge or freeze it for another day.
So try making yourself some mouth watering Lasagna or better yet make 2 and take one to a family who needs it! It really is easy, a little time consuming, but worth it! and SO much better than the store-bought versions!
What do you make when taking dinner to someone else's family?
"Until we meet again."