I found her at a yard sale well over a year ago and have been putting off her transformation until I had the guts go forward. I have never reupholstered before and I had to research the process right?... (for a year and a half? says my DH) My husband moved this chair to 3 different houses in the last year and this last time he was ready to drop them off at a thrift store! No!!!!
So now I am finally giving this chair love and attention that she needs. She was in perfect condition aside from the dated mauve velvet... on for her new look....
Just a warning that this is my first upholstery project, and while she is not perfect I think we'll keep her.First I removed the black cover fabric, and then removed the seat... then removed the million staples.
Next I replaced the cushion and cut out the same shape using new foam. No diamond tufting for me...Hey! this is my first upholstery job, cut me some slack!! :)
Then I stapled that fabric and then the foam to the back of the frame
Followed by stapling around the frame and trimming the fabric.
Next I took my trusty nailheads and started tacking them into the frame.
In some places the nailheads couldn't reach the back of the frame, I later glued these in using my gluegun.
And here she is...my attempt at staging...
All done and many more projects to go! Stay tuned!